The Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Accounting Team in timely processing of Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable transactions as well as assist in other Accounting department needs.
This position will report to the Assistant Controller
· Accounts payable invoice and data entry.
· Ensuring invoice supporting documents is timely and accurately recorded.
· Expense report processing.
· Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
· Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
· Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
· Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with A/R manager.
· General ledger journal entries and credit card and bank account reconciliation.
· Development and maintenance of Excel spreadsheets.
· Handling payments and receipts in an organized and timely manner.
· Assisting with audit support as necessary.
· Assisting in streamlining process.
· Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Working with accounting team and others to resolve account issues when necessary.
· Prior experience in A/R or A/P transactional level work a plus
· Team player with a good attitude
· Time management skills, ability to multitask
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Experience with Epicor or other ERP systems a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.