The Service Technician services and repairs laundry equipment in designated locations in a safe and courteous manner and in accordance with established standards and procedures.
This person reports to the Service Manager.
- Services / Repairs equipment in businesses in accordance with established standards and procedures; maintains safety and professionalism at all times.
- Design’s equipment service and repair process utilizing thorough knowledge of equipment and its capabilities.
- Assists in the promotion and sale of extra equipment.
- Completely and accurately tests serviced / repaired equipment, ensuring it is in proper working order prior to departure from service/repair site.
- Provides a thorough explanation of equipment, its capabilities and operation to the customer; responds to all questions in a courteous and knowledgeable manner.
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork including but not limited to work orders, service orders, time logs, and emergency information schedules.
- Maintains inventory control of assigned equipment to ensure adequate stock levels; participates in form inventory process on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Maintains control of all assigned company property and ensures that equipment is maintained in safe operating condition at all times.
- Safely operates assigned company vehicle and ensures that it is maintained according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Exhibits appearance and conduct in accordance with established company standards to present a professional image to customers and the general public; maintains the highest degree of decency, honesty, and integrity as a guest in a customers’ business.
- Assists with equipment installations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Lift 75 Lbs.
- Ability to operate equipment, i.e., forklift, pallet jack, lift gate.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.