The Collections Specialist works to ensure the timely collection of customer payments and accounts receivable assets, with a focus on solving and eliminating problems that slow down the customer’s accounts payable process. The Collections Specialist will work with outside attorneys to help speed up the collection process on past due accounts for our Loan portfolio. They will provide customer-focused service in establishing and maintaining accounts.
This person reports to the VP of Finance of Laundrylux Funding Services
- Contact customers for past due payments on a daily basis.
- Create and Mail Demand Letters to customer over 30 days past due.
- Work with customers and the Finance team to formulate plans to eliminate/minimize past due customers.
- Work with Outside Counsel and collection agencies to help collect past due balances for our loan portfolio.
- Communicate directly with customers about collections, payment arrangements, solving credit-related issues, general information, requests, etc.
- Manage order review-Review new orders on hold based on account balance, past due status, and payment history and criteria established to minimize and release eligible orders. Work with the finance team to decide orders “in the gray” area to release based on history, commitments, and established guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels within and outside the organization, both in written and verbal form.
- Provide support as necessary to the VP and other members of the Finance and Accounting Team, and assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Degree in finance, accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in Credit and Collections.
- Self-starter, goal oriented and able to solve problems innovatively
- Able to assess and recommend the appropriate action
- Cheerful and energetic team player with a good attitude
- Seeking to learn.
- Time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Epicor or other ERP systems a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.